Monday, October 19, 2020

Using Creative Writing Prompts

As an author, I've often explored the efficacy of creative writing prompts. 

They work - for me!

When you read about authors who are able to pen 10,000 words per day and I'm barely able to get 100 words written on some days, then writing prompts come to my rescue. They are a great tactic to prompt me to do what I enjoy doing the most, i.e. writing. 

And yes, you can get a little sluggish even with things you love!

We all know that the same prompt can conjure varied scenarios, characters, and plots in different people's minds. I've taken that thought a step further. 

What I try to do is pick up a few random words from a book or a newspaper and try to string them together in different forms. New ideas pop out randomly and lo and behold, before I know it, I'm back to my favourite activity again.

Do you use creative writing prompts? And what is your secret sauce to get your creative juices flowing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would be great to hear your feedback! Do share your thoughts here.