Monday, June 22, 2020

My Passion for Writing

Coming from a family of bookworms
I was bitten by the reading bug very early on. 

I did write in bits and pieces over the years 
but  it wasn't until a few years ago, 
I finally took the plunge and left a secure corporate world 
to move 
into a fictional world of words

It easily meant that the generous paycheque 
which I had grown used to would disappear quickly 
and instead of others looking out for me, 
I would have to fend for myself.

Not an easy thought to digest considering I was working 
for one of the best companies in the world 
but 
risk is a way of life. 

If not now, then when?

Has the risk paid off? 
No not yet - 
there are miles to go before I sleep 
but for sure, 
my creative instincts 
are being nurtured and soothed with each passing day!

That gives me a lot of happiness and inner peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would be great to hear your feedback! Do share your thoughts here.